I Have a Question

 I guess I have a question? A question on consciousness, I suppose. I am trying to formulate this question, because it is vague and difficult to reduce to verbalization. 

In the Map of Consciousness, Dr. David R. Hawkins writes that at a certain level (around 400, I think?) you need to have a certain level of intelligence to reach the higher states of consciousness. When I first read this, I thought "well, that feels a little egoic to me!" and I thought surely those with lower intelligence are able to access these higher states just fine. In fact, to me it seemed like in a lot of ways the "logical mind" was a trap, oftentimes keeping you in lower states with overthinking and anxiety. Although I do think that this is true at times, I have recently began to see his point.

I guess my first questions is: From the perspective of a field of consciousness... what the fuck is intelligence anyway? Our ability to remember who we truly are? All-knowing, expansive, love?

I am passionate about helping people heal, and have gravitated towards doing so in the methods of Reiki, meditation, breathwork, sound therapy. All of these practices are seen as pretty "woo-woo" in America, and so naturally working in this space, you end up with the more woo-woo crowd. However, the woo-woo is not what healed me. Learning about my own mind, consciousness, psychology, personality, and how to influence them with different tools, belief system changes, etc. is what healed me at my foundation.

We have four basic levels to our human state of being: mind, body, spirit, emotional.

Everyone has their different approaches to healing, which ones they see as important to focus on. These are exaggerations to prove a point, and there's definitely some over-lap between the categories, but here are examples:

You have the gym rat who eats nothing but smoothies and vegetables, taking lots of supplements, and as soon as they see they have something wrong with them, they run to the Dr.'s office to get it checked out, focused on the body.

You have the people who have reached rock-bottom in their life, looking for a deeper connection and purpose so they go to church, start getting into "witchy girl" stuff, start learning tarot, connect with mother-nature, learn to meditate, focused on the spirit.

You have the hot-head husband who knows that he can't keep lashing out at his wife and children. He eventually takes an anger management class, learns EFT tapping, breathwork, and other tools for influencing his chemical landscape, focused on the management of his emotions.

You have the girl who has horrible anxiety, so she goes to therapy, reads a ton of self-help books, really tries to get her mind around her issues like they are a puzzle to be solved, focused on the mind.

I don't think there is any one path that is right for everyone, but I do think for optimal health, we need to heal on all of these levels. I think that healing is complex, in that it is sort of like a ball of tangled necklaces. As you untangle one section of the necklace, other deeper levels are unlocked. As you heal on the level of mind, you are able to heal on the level of body more easily. As you heal on the level of body, you are able to heal on the level of emotion more easily. As you heal on the level of spirit, you are able to heal on the level of mind more easily. So on and so forth.

I think that you are trapped whenever you choose one path, and totally neglect the others.

What was my question again? 

I have gone from a job in HR (which was at the level of mind and body) to a job at a metaphysical store and holistic healing center (which appears to be a the level of spirit and emotion) and I am trying to figure out how I can heal people on all levels, instead of just at these limited states. It's funny, because there is literally a course at the place I work all about this, but because the people teaching it vibrate more at the levels of emotion and spirit, without the levels of body and mind, it is not as successful as it could be. Maybe the lesson I am supposed to be learning from these thoughts is just that there needs to be that balance. Maybe I am meant to help guide people into that balance.

It would be cool to have a healing center with specialists on all of these levels. Again, the tagline for the place I work at is "Welcoming space for mind, body and soul" but some of these areas are being neglected there. 

Maybe my second lesson is that I need to return to journaling/blogging because I really enjoy writing. Blogger may be the only place in this universe where I feel comfortable being my total self, like it's my oldest friend. I have been here since 2008, and I will probably be here until they take the site down. To have a space where you can express all of your thoughts, without judgement of others, is underrated for sure. 

Sending anyone who stumbles across my words in the void of the internet lots of love on this day.

Edit: I saw that my blog had 28 views just today???? Maybe this isn't the remote island I thought it was. Regardless, I am committed to being open on here, this blog has existed for 17 years. Haha, I am old, haha, goodbye.

Edit: I wrote this when I was wearing my red glasses and couldn't see the underlines under my typos. This has been fixed now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Energy Release

The Call for Expansion

Transition