Safety
When I think about the moments in my childhood when I felt safe, I think of my dad holding me in church. I think of when he would carry me into the house after falling asleep in the car. I think of when I would be held in his arms in the living room and I'd look up and grab his nose or ears or whatever and he would smile and laugh. I think about crawling into mommy and daddy's bed in the middle of the night because I was scared of robbers, house fires and kidnappers.
Over time, we lose our safety. The people we love behave in ways we don't expect. We learn to stop trusting. We have to survive on our own. We fall in love and think we have found partnership that will provide new safety, only to learn it was not as safe as you thought. We lose everything, we struggle to survive and to have the energy to keep surviving with no end in sight, because what we are seeking is safety outside of ourselves.
Safety is within. Safety is a calm mind. It's trusting in yourself to handle anything that comes your way. It's unconditional love to yourself and to others. You can hold yourself, carry yourself and play with your own nose and laugh.
Comments
Post a Comment