This Red Hair

Past, present, future
I am like a time traveler
Revisiting memories 
Sometimes it's like I am there again
Feeling the pain all over again
Just when I have moved forward
I'm there reliving it all 
It still feels shocking sometimes
Like my brain forgets for a moment that time has moved at all
The lessons I have learned, I am thankful for
Couldn't have learned them any other way
I'm experiencing so much beauty now
In myself, and the people and things around me
I've learned to become a new human
My future is so much brighter as a result of everything
It is just sad that we have to experience such trauma to really understand
Isn't it kind of sad?
I chose this different path
And I know that it is worth the pain
But sometimes I look in the mirror and don't even recognize the person standing there
Especially with this red hair

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Energy Release

The Call for Expansion

Transition