When One Door Closes, Another Opens

 3.

Well, here we are. My divorce has been granted and I need to do is go and file the decree at the courthouse. So, I felt like I should take one last moment to reflect on my past and then embrace the future.

I feel like this was the right decision for us both. This does not mean that the process was easy or without pain. It was very painful and it took more bravery than I knew I had. I went through the worst depression of my life, the worst loneliness of my life, and the most change of my life. I did it on my own. I am proud of this. 

Jacob will still always be an important part in my life story, and I am thankful for the time we shared together. Unfortunately, we were not being good partners for each other. More damage was done than we had realized, and there was no other option but to just... let go and move on. I think he is a wonderful person and is filled with so much talent to share with the world. I hope with all my heart that he goes out and achieves all of his goals.

What I am doing now by leaving a job that has provided me so much financial security and entering a relationship with someone I totally adore, both require lots of bravery on my part, as well. All of it though, is to create a future for myself that is my own. Happiness, feelings of fulfillment and satisfaction.

It is so scary sometimes to think that I could end up back where I was at the end with Jacob. I hope that I can use the lessons I have learned to do better in the future.

When one door closes, another opens, and this one is so much brighter and more beautiful than I could have ever anticipated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Energy Release

The Call for Expansion

Transition