The Movement
I don't write on here much anymore, mostly due to the fact that my life has really stayed the same over the last year. I was at Starbucks working as a shift supervisor, and with the man I loved more than anything.
If there is one thing that really rang true recently, it was that fact that you need to love yourself before loving another. I achieved this, and although my boyfriend has not quite done the same yet, I trusted him when he said it didn't matter and that he loves me as much as I love him. One year and four months later, he has informed me that he is now struggling with this, especially in this stressful time in his life where he also has no confidence in himself.
I found the one I want to be with, and I don't know if he will always want to be with me. Love is insane. It really is nearly impossible to get right. It's hard enough just to find someone you love that much, but then add in timing and it's a whole big mess of a thing. I, of course will stand by him as he grows and tries to learn to love himself. But, I know from experience that it is difficult to find yourself whilst also being committed to someone. So, I am learning to accept that one day he may just drop me.
I feel like I am off on a tangent now. I think this post was originally supposed to be about the fact that both he and I are moving to Seattle.
We are moving to Seattle, and I am pretty excited. California has been a wonderful chapter in my life. I have learned and loved and laughed, and cried.... oh, I have cried... and I wouldn't give back a single day of it. I am in unending love with personal growth and learning. And, I have done a lot of it since I got here. I am sure I will also do more of it when I get to Seattle. I feel like the world is mine. I can and will do anything that I set my mind to. The only exception may be love, because that requires a whole other person with thoughts and feelings and goals and fears that may not be on the same page. But other than that, I have got it.
Anyway... That is all for now. I had a few beers and I am a little out of it, so I feel it'll be best if I just stop there.
Comments
Post a Comment