A Memory

The summer air was sticky.
I looked down into the water, and took my first step in.
Inside my heart and mind was numb. It felt like a dream.
Someone else's life.
The water was cool and refreshing.
I fully submerged myself, and thought about all the things she'd never be able to experience.
I promised myself that I wouldn't just live for myself anymore, I'd dedicate the rest of my life to her.
I came back up.
I closed my eyes and focused on sounds.
The bugs in the trees, the lawnmower in the distance, the wind, the children playing down the street.
There was a permanent pain in my chest.
My eyes felt heavy, and puffy.
I looked at the sky, and watched the clouds.
I remembered bean bags, and haunted houses.
Dancing, singing, and modeling.
So much laughter and love.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Energy Release

The Call for Expansion

Transition