Just Typing Words

Relationships, romantic or otherwise, are fucking hard. And yet, they are what keeps us going. Keeps us happy.

Romantic relationships, are by far the most complicated. There is so much pressure involved with them. Is he/she the one? Are we going to make it all the way? Unfortunately, it is impossible to know until you try it out. And if you guys fail, presumably a lot of time has passed, and there is even more pressure to find that "one". But what if you break it off, not knowing for sure if that person is right for you, and it turns out that they ARE right for you? It can go on and on.

I have decided to go with a more "go with the flow" attitude when it comes to my romantic relationships. I am not going to stress over the "what-ifs." If it becomes clear to me that it is not working out and I'd be happier elsewhere, then it is over. But if I still feel like I can have a future with the person I am with, then I will continue to push though any troubles we may have.

Family relationships can get kind of hairy, too. With your parents, you feel that you have so much to live up to. You don't want to disappoint your rents. And that can cause you to hide things from them, when really, you should be honest with them about whatever it is you may be keeping from them. I wish I knew more about my parents' lives before they got married and had kids, but that's always been something they never really wanted to talk about.

There wasn't really a point to this post. Just typing words.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Energy Release

The Call for Expansion

Transition