My Bracelet

When I was about four years old, I had a rainbow bracelet. And, for whatever reason, I decided that I didn't want it anymore. So, I threw it into a big street drain that was on the road outside of my house, while I was playing with my sisters and a couple neighborhood kids.

My neighbor Dana saw it, and said "Oh my goodness, Kendall! Your bracelet fell into the drain! Don't you want it?!" or something along those lines. I shrugged and said "Oops." and then her older brother was like "Oh no! I'll get it for you!" and he went inside to find some kind of tools that he could use to open the drain.

He came outside, opened the drain, and crawled inside. My sisters, his siblings, and a few other neighborhood children were all gathered around the hole, as he crawled deeper and deeper into the drain. I kept thinking "Oh, jeez. I shouldn't have thrown it in there. Look what I've made him do!"

Then we heard him shout "I've got it!" and everyone got really excited. I pretended that I was excited, but for some reason, I just really didn't want that multi-colored bracelet.

As he was trying to climb back up, he shouted "OH NO. MY LEG IS STUCK!" and his brother went over and grabbed his hands, and tried to pull him up. But, he couldn't do it. In my mind I was thinking the four year old version of "HOLY FUCK I GOT HIM STUCK IN THE DRAIN. I'M A HORRIBLE PERSON WHO NEEDS TO DIE."

Suddenly, something pulled him deeper into the hole. "SOMETHING'S GOT ME!" he shouted. Everyone was freaking the fuck out. "GET ME OUT! GET ME OUT!" Dana started crying and ran into the house to get her parents.

Then, to everyone's horror, he was pulled all the way into the hole, and the only thing left in the drain was my stupid fucking bracelet. We all just sat around the drain, in disbelief about what had just happened.

Several days passed. My mother was making dinner, and had the news on, and they started talking about the story, and said that there was a shocking new development. They found his body in China.

/sigh

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you considered writing a novel of some sort? I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. *kept* me on the edge of my seat, then laughed out loud at the end.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Energy Release

The Call for Expansion

Transition