Confidence Issues
Ugh. I don't understand, yet I understand perfectly.
A few years ago I had high self-esteem and now it seems like I have none at all. When it comes to how I look I'm very confident. Not in a full of myself way, but I just know that I'm a decent looking human being. Personality wise however I feel like I'm lacking confidence.
I know that I'm a good person. I have great morals and high religious beliefs. I'm a very innocent girl. I'm a virgin and I've never even kissed a boy. Not because I didn't have the opportunity, but because I chose not to do these things and the only guy I know irl that I've actually wanted to kiss was a friend.
So the other day I told my friend (not the same one mentioned above) that I thought his mind was nice. He said it was one of the best compliments he's ever gotten. Then it hit me. No one has ever said anything like that to me. People have said "You're pretty" or "You're funny" but no one has ever really liked me for my mind. I mentioned this to my sister and she said "No one would like you for that."
Then again, no one really knows that much about me. Not even my closest friends. I'd say the only person who really knew me was my sister Ashley. Even she doesn't know me THAT well. I hardly know myself. I know myself perfectly. Contradiction. I don't know what I'm talking about anymore.
The other day my second cousin who is 4 months old came over to my house. I fell in love with her! I never realized how much I loved babies. I wanted to keep her. It actually made me kind of sad because it made me realize how much I want to get married and have a family. I don't think it will ever happen for me though. I really hope so. That's it at the end of the day. Falling in love and having a family. What more could a person ask for? Well that's probably too much for me to ask for. After all "No one would like me for my mind."
-Kendall
A few years ago I had high self-esteem and now it seems like I have none at all. When it comes to how I look I'm very confident. Not in a full of myself way, but I just know that I'm a decent looking human being. Personality wise however I feel like I'm lacking confidence.
I know that I'm a good person. I have great morals and high religious beliefs. I'm a very innocent girl. I'm a virgin and I've never even kissed a boy. Not because I didn't have the opportunity, but because I chose not to do these things and the only guy I know irl that I've actually wanted to kiss was a friend.
So the other day I told my friend (not the same one mentioned above) that I thought his mind was nice. He said it was one of the best compliments he's ever gotten. Then it hit me. No one has ever said anything like that to me. People have said "You're pretty" or "You're funny" but no one has ever really liked me for my mind. I mentioned this to my sister and she said "No one would like you for that."
Then again, no one really knows that much about me. Not even my closest friends. I'd say the only person who really knew me was my sister Ashley. Even she doesn't know me THAT well. I hardly know myself. I know myself perfectly. Contradiction. I don't know what I'm talking about anymore.
The other day my second cousin who is 4 months old came over to my house. I fell in love with her! I never realized how much I loved babies. I wanted to keep her. It actually made me kind of sad because it made me realize how much I want to get married and have a family. I don't think it will ever happen for me though. I really hope so. That's it at the end of the day. Falling in love and having a family. What more could a person ask for? Well that's probably too much for me to ask for. After all "No one would like me for my mind."
-Kendall
Comments
Post a Comment